Beverly Regional Airport was built in 1928 through the efforts of the Beverly Aero Club and the Beverly Chamber of Commerce. The U.S. Navy operated the airport during World War II under a joint-use agreement as Naval Auxiliary Air Facility Beverly. It existed as an auxiliary air facility of Naval Air Station Squantum.
It was commissioned on 15 May, 1943 and the airfield was upgraded with a new asphalt runway. The Navy built a control tower, a barracks, and other structures and consisted of four officers and sixty enlisted men.
The field provided touch and go practice for students at Naval Air Station Squantum as well as Fleet Air Arm student pilots. Planes from Coast Guard Air Station Salem also used the facility for maritime patrol, as well as a detachment from VS-31, which flew anti-submarine patrols with Douglas SBD-5 aircraft.
It was decommissioned as a military facility on August 1, 1945. Ownership of the airport was transferred back to the City of Beverly in 1950.
RWY 16: 110.50
LWM (LAWRENCE): 112.50
BOS (BOSTON): 112.70
NZW (SOUTH WEYMOUTH): 133.40
MHT (MANCHESTER): 114.40